I suppose it’s also … typical … that this January-to-March stretch wears on me. Vitamin D supplement, “check.” Exercise and diet regimens maintained, “well ok I’m working on it.” Power of positive thinking, “needs improvement.”
Today’s (self-inflicted) assignment: make a list of things you didn’t screw up you are proud of:
1) I did yoga.
2) I didn’t give in to the urge to finish off that pizza last night.
3) Riya got a “CARES” award at school for being especially helpful.
4) Even though the knitting and home-improvement projects seem like they’re not getting anywhere, I haven’t given up working on them a little every day. I think I can, I think I can.
5) Karina can sing the alphabet song. She’d probably get mixed up less if Ben stopped shouting wrong letters at random places, but hey — technically he is her little brother, so it’s to be expected.
6) I valued a friendship above the opportunity to post a snappy retort on Facebook.
What are you proud of today?