I was going to change my Facebook status today, and I forget now what I planned to say, but it had something to do with playing catch-up today after a “lazy” day yesterday.
Then, I laughed out loud. Yesterday was, for a busy mom, a nice, relaxing day. Robin was under the weather, so he stayed home from work. However, he was not so sick that we had to tiptoe around all day. The kids were in good moods, and everybody had school, so Robin and I even got a couple of hours to ourselves. I managed to fit in a workout AND some time to read.
The reason I laughed is that there is a time in my life when none of the following would’ve fit into my definition of a “lazy” day:
1. Preparing breakfast for 5.
2. Supervising 3 kids under the age of 7 as they complete their morning chores, preferably in time for school.
3. Packing lunches and snacks in-between the supervisory tasks.
4. Cleaning up the kitchen (even though yesterday I had help from Robin, so I feel guilty counting this one).
5. Cooking dinner for 5.
6. Putting in a 9-hour evening shift.
I got up this morning, and read friends’ status updates about being up all night with sick kids, this-or-that update about their small businesses, things they are managing to do while at their day jobs, and on and on and on.
Seriously, my previous self wants to know how the heck we do all this. Moms rock.